Women’s Core Level Awakening: Rafting the Deschutes
August 21-25, 2019
For over ten years I’ve dreamed of combining deep healing work with my love of adventure in the outdoors. My brother Brent and I have extensive experience guiding white water rafting trips. We are excited to guide you down one of the most beautiful canyons in Oregon, while also guiding you deeper into your full blooded, full hearted expression and power as a man.
This is a multi-day rafting, camping, self supported trip, which means we will carry all of our camping, cooking gear, food, rafting equipment and anything else we desire to make the trip enjoyable.
We will float from Warm Springs to Maupin Oregon.
The tentative dates are August 21st-25th, Wednesday evening – Sunday evening.
Ideally we would carpool or meet at the Warm Springs put-in at noon on Thursday and take out of the river around 4pm on Sunday.
Meals, rental equipment, permits, shuttles and facilitation fee are included in the cost of the trip. Everyone will help with meal prep and clean up.
Group size: 6-7 women
You must be a sound swimmer to participate on this trip. The Deschutes river does have a few big rapids on it. Although it is highly doubtful we will run into trouble on the river, this is a wild place and accidents do happen even on the most benign sections of a river. A full safety briefing will occur before we launch.
A list of items to bring will be provided upon registration.
Rainy day plan. If weather is not permissible to run the river, we will relocate the trip to either Crescent Lake, Oregon or Summer Lake hotsprings.
As usual the context for this group will be:
Head and Heart in Full Alignment with Your Core
This work is for men who are ready to fully face the areas of life where there is room to grow, mature and heal
This is an invitation to become more alive in the areas where you feel deadened, dull
asleep, depressed, anxious, stagnant an so on.
This is a call to men who are ready for more than the status quo, who deep down crave an authentic manhood, rich with power and strength and balanced with sensitivity and intuition.
Join me and a brotherhood of men who are growing.
Some of the most common areas explore in this work are:
- Distinguishing healthy shame from toxic shame.
- Making amends from a deep place of empathy without loss of dignity.
- Leading with sensitivity without losing strength or power.
- Expressing anger without losing your heart.
- Expressing your heart without losing your balls.
- Getting clean and clear with anger.
- Releasing your armor without collapsing your boundaries.
- Being emotionally transparent.
- Experiencing vulnerability as an access point for strength, healing and connection.
- Cutting through what stops you from expressing raw masculine power.
- Stopping your inner critic from running you into the ground or paralyzing you from risk taking.
- Activating your inner warrior with equal parts passion and compassion.
- Getting intimately connected with the little boy and your capacity to protect, love and parent him.
- Finding your edge and returning there again and again.
- Discovering and enlivening where you are resigned, cynical, and deadened.
- Outgrowing pornographic tendencies.
- Elevating sex from the duty of emotional discharge to an expression of love.
- Working with your core wounds as access points to a deeper capacity for love and connection.
- Cultivating deep, fulfilling and fully alive relationships with partner, friends and family.